How we use Cookies

Macclesfield smokers' shelter goes up in flames

A smokers' shelter has gone up in flames in Macclesfield.

A smokers' shelter has gone up in flames in Macclesfield.

The timber framed construction off Chester Road was damaged during the blaze at 9pm last night (Monday).

It is believed the fire started accidentally.

Firefighters from Macclesfield used a hose reel jet to put the fire out.

 

Journalists

Rhiannon McDowall
Education reporter
Mike Glendinning
Sport reporter
Chris Slater
News reporter
Stuart Greer
Crime reporter
Karen Britton
Wilmslow and Alderley Edge reporter
Ben Turner
News reporter
Vic Barlow
Columnist