The Macclesfield Express and BiG Storage Christmas Toy Appeal is here again.
With only eight weeks until Christmas the countdown has begun and the shops are stocked with gifts.
Last year’s toy appeal had a record breaking finish with more gifts donated than we have ever seen before.
We are hoping that this year will be even bigger and better, but we can only make this happen through the generosity of our readers.
Paul Fahey from BiG Storage said: "So often when we support charitable causes we know that our donations make a difference, but not necessarily how.
"If you donate to the Christmas Toy Appeal your charitable and generous act will, on Christmas Day, bring happiness to a child who otherwise may have very little joy in their lives.
"Our charities all care for vulnerable children, some from unimaginably difficult family situations, some with emotional challenges that we would not wish on anyone.
"You will be unaware of the name of the child, their age, or gender, nor will you know why they are among the most unfortunate children in the area. But you are able to imagine your donated toy being unwrapped and the resulting smile."
Please help us make Christmas extra special for children and teenagers in your local area by donating a gift to the appeal which will run for the next seven weeks.
The charities which will benefit from the appeal are:
- The NSPCC based in Cheshire
- The Children’s Adventure Farm Trust, based in Cheshire, which provides holidays and activities for terminally ill, chronically sick, disabled and disadvantaged children.
- The David Lewis Centre, which offers a range of medical, educational, residential, and assessment services for children with epilepsy and other neurological conditions around the Cheshire area.
- The Stockport Early Intervention and Family Centre.
- Together Trust which has various locations in Cheshire and Manchester and helps those with behavioural problems, learning difficulties, physical disabilities and autism spectrum conditions.
- Sure Start Children’s Centre.
Toys can be dropped off at BiG Storage, Handforth Dean, Earl Road, Stanley Green Industrial Estate, Handforth Dean, SK8 6PT (just off the A34 near M&S) 0161 486 6000, Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 5:30pm, Saturdays 9am to 4pm, and Sundays 10am to 2pm at the BiG Storage reception or BiG Storage Macclesfield, Fence Avenue, Macclesfield, SK10 1LW (just off the A523 near Tesco) 01625 437 100, Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm, Saturdays 9am to 4pm. Location maps can also be seen at bigstorage.info.
Thank you on behalf of the children, charities, the Macclesfield Express and BiG Storage.