How we use Cookies

Firefighters extinguish Lyme Green wheely bin fire

Firefighters attended a wheely bin fire at Lyme Green yesterday evening.

Firefighters attended a wheely bin fire at Lyme Green yesterday evening.

The bin was ablaze outside the workshop of an upholstery company behind the bowling green.

The crew from Macclesfield attended at 6.30pm and brought the fire under control in the bin which is four times the size of a domestic bin.

It is not known how the fire started.

Watch manager Andy Humberstone has warned that wheely bins should not be stored too close to buildings.

He said: “The fires from these bins have a tendency to spread.”

 
comments powered by Disqus

Journalists

Rhiannon McDowall
Education reporter
Mike Glendinning
Sport reporter
Chris Slater
News reporter
Stuart Greer
Crime reporter
Karen Britton
Wilmslow and Alderley Edge reporter
Ben Turner
News reporter
Vic Barlow
Columnist