How we use Cookies

Firefighters attend chimney and kitchen fires over New Year period

Firefighters attended a chimney fire at Clarence Road in Bollington and a kitchen fire on Lumley Road in Macclesfield.

Firefighters attended a chimney fire at Clarence Road in Bollington.

The crew from Macclesfield was called at 1.30pm, on Saturday, December 29, and fought the blaze at Limefield House for three hours.

Officers advise residents to have their chimneys swept regularly.

Crews also attended a kitchen fire on Lumley Road in Macclesfield in the early hours of New Year's Day.

The firefighters were called at 2am to the fire which started in a bundle of carrier bags.

The room was damaged by heavy sooting.

Officers say the fire started accidentally.

 
comments powered by Disqus

Journalists

Rhiannon McDowall
Education reporter
Mike Glendinning
Sport reporter
Chris Slater
News reporter
Stuart Greer
Crime reporter
Karen Britton
Wilmslow and Alderley Edge reporter
Ben Turner
News reporter
Vic Barlow
Columnist