Firefighters attended a chimney fire at Clarence Road in Bollington.
The crew from Macclesfield was called at 1.30pm, on Saturday, December 29, and fought the blaze at Limefield House for three hours.
Officers advise residents to have their chimneys swept regularly.
Crews also attended a kitchen fire on Lumley Road in Macclesfield in the early hours of New Year's Day.
The firefighters were called at 2am to the fire which started in a bundle of carrier bags.
The room was damaged by heavy sooting.
Officers say the fire started accidentally.